Yayiii !!! So, we have been nominated for the Liebster Award 2018 by Valerie Buaquen. We thank Valerie, who lives in Baguio City, Philippines and is a wanderlust at heart. Loads of love coming your way, Valerie! We are so excited as we have been given this privilege so early in our blogging journey and we are loving it!
About Liebster award:
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Rules for the Liebster Award 2018:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award with a link back to their blog and a small excerpt about them.
- Nominate 5-10 new bloggers who you appreciate and create new questions for them to answer. You can ask them to share something silly about themselves, how they started their blog, etc.
- Finally, leave a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them and make sure you link their blogs to your post!
- Also, post a photo of the Liebster Award logo on your post and/or your blog homepage!
A little about us!
What makes us passionate about blogging?
We love traveling and blogging about our travels. It gives me a channel to share our research and experiences with like-minded travelers. When you travel with kids, it’s very different from how you travel solo or as a couple. You really need to do a lot of research about the place beforehand and yet there would be many challenges that you have to learn to manage on the go. MySoulTravels lists down those hurdles and prepares you to travel better with kids. We review destinations, activities, accommodations and tell you all about it. However, our trip guides are for all ages and groups and I am sure if you love traveling you will find something interesting to read on our website.
10 Random facts about us
Pujarini (The Travel Blogger Mommy)
- My name is complicated so most people call me Puja.
- They say on an average, people have 3 different careers through their lives. I am on my third and last as a travel writer & blogger. In my past avatars, I have been an IT engineer, Human Resources & Marketing professional.
- I love sleeping in late but while traveling I can’t sleep because of the excitement of exploring a new part of the world.
- I am afraid of heights, but when I see a mountain I always run towards the top.
Vikrant (Chief Strategist and the one who takes care of the baby when mommy is working)
- Belongs to the mountain but loves the ocean.
- A banker by the day and a marketing specialist throughout.
- Would have been a footballer in an alternate universe.
Aru (The boss baby)
- Visited double the number of countries before he turned 3 years. First autorickshaw ride @ 1 month, First flight @ 1.5 months, First road trip @ 2 months, First train ride @ 5 months.
- Loves hotels and believes in exploring every nook and corner for entertainment.
- Can’t live without airplanes, taxis, auto rickshaws, airport buses, golf carts etc
To make it more fun, Valerie has also asked us a few questions. So here we go!
- What inspired you to create your blog?
Travelling is my passion and it makes me feel free, inspired and empowered. But there was a point when I almost gave it up. Like every new mother, my life changed significantly after I had my baby. With the increased responsibilities and a full-time career, traveling took a backseat for the initial months. When I finally started thinking about traveling again, I realized I was petrified to travel with my infant. I spoke to my friends, colleagues, googled but realized not too many people travel with young kids. To be honest, it’s difficult and crazy at times but you just need to find a way to do what you love. I used my maternity leave to travel to 50 cities and we have been traveling with our toddler ever since. I hope that through our blogs and photos we are able to encourage new families to travel more with their kids.
- If you were not blogging now, what do you think would you be doing?
I guess if I didn’t start blogging fulltime, I would have continued my corporate job and kept on traveling during breaks like before. However, being a blogger and a digital nomad has its own freedom and perks.
- If you have $50 to spend for 3 days of traveling abroad, how would you spend it?
I would spend it on things that my little one would enjoy – food, rides, amusement park etc
- If you have a superpower, what would it be and why?
I would love to time travel. I am a history buff and am fascinated by legends and archaeology. So, I would love to go into that time and experience the culture first hand. Also, teleportation wouldn’t hurt.
- If you were to create a mobile application for travel, what would it be and what for?
It would be a one-stop helpdesk for all travel related requirements. It would have all the information about the destination, trip guides, travel stories and tips, booking assistance, emergency contacts, language customization, audio guide for interesting places etc.
- Would you rather be thorns in a cactus or thorns in a rose?
Thorns in a rose. I love cool weather.
- What or who do you think you were in your past life?
I think I probably was an explorer in my past life. The passion for discovering new places and cultures seems to have sneaked into this life as well.
And here are some more questions
- What/Who inspires you to travel this world?
I was born to a culture of traveling. My dad was in the army and we used shift bases every two years to a different part of the country. Along with that came the passion to explore, make new friends and experience new places. With time, the love for travel continued and I have been traveling the world as a solo traveler, couple traveler and now with my little one. I love showing the world to my little and collecting memories.
- How did traveling change your life?
Traveling has expanded our horizons and has kept our learning curve on, always. It’s such a joy to explore and discover a new place. Our perspective has broadened and so many judgments have gone out the door. Getting to know new people and their culture has been such an enriching experience and has made us humbler. I know as a person, I have grown a lot by connecting with others and knowing their life stories.
- Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited.
Krabi Island in Thailand, Neil Island in India and Nusa Dua in Bali
- What is the best memory that you have while traveling?
We spent two weeks in Bali and loved the Balinese culture and the people. The scenery across Bali is just amazing. We are dying to go back and explore more.
Alright! So here we go with our nominations (Drum roll)
Shamik at Mixed Flavors Blog
Bailey at Gay Globetrotter
Ashley at Time Out In Paradise
Gayathri at Chirpy Tales
Alison at Five Family Adventures
Our Questions to you guys are :
- What aspect of traveling do you like the most?
- Which is your favorite memory amongst your travels?
- If you could go on an all paid world tour, where would you visit first and why?
- While traveling, you must have made new friends. Tell us about one such person whom you would not have met otherwise.
- If you have to live the rest of your life as a cartoon, which cartoon would you choose and why?
- What has traveling taught you and how has it changed you?
- If you were a rock, would you be smooth and round or rough and shapeless?
- Tell us about the funniest incident that happened during your travels.
- If you are sitting in a room with your friends and a pink elephant enters the room, how would you react?
- If you have to give up traveling for one thing in your life, what would that be?
- Which animal represents you best and why?
Congratulations on getting nominated and hope you have fun doing this as we did. We look forward to reading more about you. Don’t forget to comment here to let us know when your post goes live!